There is no installation required. Metal Bulletin Connect is a Java internet web browser based application which enables users to have an access to real time LME, Comex, Forex information, i.e. trades, quotes, spreads.
You will however need to ensure you have an up-to-date version of Java (version 6 update 18 or higher) on your PC.
If not you can download this for free by visiting: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.
2. How can I have access to Metal Bulletin Connect free of charge for 2 weeks?
Please select "Free Trial" and fill in the application form and you will be sent your own personal User ID and Password. Your dedicated Account manager will contact you shortly to discuss your options, and answer possible questions regarding LME, Comex, Nymex trading and functionality of Metal Bulletin Connect. It is possible to set a specific time for a tutorial/training on how to use Metal Bulletin Connect, customise screens and use LME reports transferable in Excel.
Please note – failure to provide correct telephone number and email address will cause your free trial application to be declined.
3. I am interested to learn about the presented data and functionality of Metal Bulletin Connect, what should I do?
Your Account Manager will be calling you to answer your questions and deliver a tutorial/training to explain the functionality of Metal Bulletin Connect.
Please note, that due to Exchange regulatory reasons, we will not be able to extend your trial period, so it is important that you only request a free trial at a time that enables you to be able to assess the benefits of the service, ie not when you are on holiday or travelling without access to the Internet, or during a busy work period.
4. What is essential information to know about LME trading and its contracts?
- There are three ways of trading on the LME: Ring, Interoffice (LME Dealers) and Select Electronic trading
- Trading times vary significantly i.e. LME Ring (11.40am -5.00pm), Interoffice (24 hours, Mon – Friday), Select (1.00am – 7.00pm)
- Each Base Metal (AA, Al, Cu, Pb, Ni, Si, Zn, NA) traded on LME has its contract specification indicating grade, purity, lot size etc
5. What is the LME Composite Page?
LME Composite page bears the information on all Base Metals traded on the LME. By means of an interactive panel on the LME composite page, the user can further obtain live information on:
- Broken Trades
- Traded Options
- Final Evening Evaluations
- Warehouse stocks by grade and warehouse location
- Futures Open Interest indicating Market Dynamics
- Futures Trading Volume
- Charting Analysis Tool
- Dealer Quotations – current quotes from LME Dealers
- Today’s Trades – second by second matched trades and trade volume
- Quotes History
- Select Electronic trading Price Depth – last 5 quotations from Select
- Averages – link to Excel file with rolling daily, monthly, quarterly, yearly averages for cash and 3 month prices
- Shanghai Futures Exchange – link to Exchange data (30min delay)
6. What is the LME Individual Metal Page?
The LME Individual Metal page carries metal-specific information with an interactive panel on the top allowing users to extract and perform further analysis.
Information represented allows users to see the latest quotes and last trades for 3 Month Futures Contracts, Cash, and Cash to 3 Months spreads, Tom Next spreads and Change.
There are designated windows for the latest trades and quotes from LME Ring, LME Dealer, LME Select markets, as well as the latest official metal prices for both LME and COMEX and the latest spot currency prices from FOREX.
7. LME Reports button
Pressing the LME Reports button will drop-down a menu enabling users to view the full complement of LME reports available for:
- Futures Open Interest
- Futures Open Interest by Prompt
- Futures trading volume
- Futures Volume and Open Interest By Prompt
- Matched Trades
- Official & Unofficial prices
- Options Open Interest & Volume
- Provisional & Final Evening Evaluations
- Warehouse Stocks Movements
8. How much does access to Metal Bulletin Connect cost and how can I subscribe?
To subscribe to Metal Bulletin Connect and find out which packages are available, please click here or contact us on tel: +44 (0) 20 7779 7999 (or in the US + 212 224 3570), or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax
+44 (0) 20 7246 5200.