The leading event for the Asian and global stainless and special steel industry
For 11 years this conference has established itself as the leading pan-Asia stainless steel event, with more than 150 delegates attending year on year. This year, the industry's best speakers will join us to discuss current issues affecting the market and delegates will benefit from unrivalled networking opportunities.
The health of the global stainless steel industry has been widely dominated by events happening in China, which produced 52% of global output in 2015. Raw material prices exploded as a result of rapid expansion of the Chinese stainless steel markets but this expansion came to a sudden halt when the market collapsed for the first time in 20 years.
Now, more than ever, the industry needs to find ways to adjust strategies and adapt in order to thrive.
What's on the agenda?
- Will the Chinese stainless steel market continue to stagnate or regain momentum in 2016?
- Which market segments are growth drivers and which ones are inhibitors?
- How serious are China's plans to reduce overcapacity?
- What will happen to smaller producers and private mills?
- Will stainless steel consolidation in Japan spill over to other Asian countries?
- Will cutbacks in Nickel, Chrome and Molybdenum production be sufficient enough to bring 2016 markets into deficits?
- Update and outlook for the transfer of Chinese NPI and stainless steel production in Indonesia
- Could Vietnam or Myanmar become strong competitors against Chinese stainless fabricators
- Protectionism on the rise: When will China run out of export destinations?
- When will we hit the bottom of raw material prices?
- What is the reality of the Chinese credit bubble? How will it affect the global economy?
- Can the Chinese stainless steel industry be transformed from mass commodity products to value added products?
- How can Japan and South Korea defend their market position in Asia?
- Are Chinese producers still cost-competitive with today’s low raw material prices?
- Has the investment hype come to an end? Update on the latest investments in Asian special steel producers
- What M&A activity can be expected for the near future? What capacity will really be taken out of the market?
Chinese delegate rates available: Email here fore more information or call us on the number below
Easy ways to register:
Email event registration team
Call the hotline on UK +44 20 7779 7222 or HK +85 22912 8038