Register before 4th December 2015 to SAVE $500 >>Register here
This year the 22nd Bauxite & Alumina Conference returns to the popular location of Miami from February 29 until March 1, with the added bonus of an optional field trip to Jamaica.
The following day delegates will travel to Jamaica to visit a number of operations on March 3 -4. The full details of the field trip will be announced shortly.
This conference is a key event for individuals interested in these two important materials and continues to attract new and loyal delegates each year.
"As expected, another good conference by Metal Bulletin in the bauxite and alumina space"
- Kamal Prakash, AlCircle PPE Ltd
Last year witnessed a spike in attendance as the market rallied to hear about new and established regions of bauxite production that looked set to fill the void left by the Indonesian export ban. However, with recent murmurings suggesting that Indonesia could relax the ban, it is possible that the market will be disrupted again. And with alumina being squeezed by low aluminium prices there will be much to discuss at this years’ forum once again.
"Absolutely fantastic event. Very focused to bauxite & alumina related issues"
- Manas Agarwal, Jaguar Overseas
Topics of discussion will include:
- The global economic outlook and its impact on the industry
- China: What is happening on the ground?
- Pricing trends for global bauxite and alumina
- Project updates from around the globe, including Malaysia and Iran
- Alumina capacity: What lies ahead?
- Aluminium markets under pressure: the impact on alumina
- Indonesia: What, where and when?
- Freight and logistics buying patterns
- Achieving sustainability and innovations in red mud
- Non-met pricing pressures, alumina and refractories
- Water treatment: an update on a compelling market
- Calcined bauxite: What are the trends in this space?
The non-met use of bauxite and alumina also had even greater coverage than previous years as various end user needs in this space evolve into exciting offerings and this will remain a key part of the conference again this year.
Register now to enjoy the super early bird rate and join one of the most important gatherings for discussion, debate and networking in this industry.
"Best platform to meet all important people in the alumina business"
- Johannes Herkmann, Nabaltec AG
"Excellent gathering of industry players"
- Chris Young, Noranda Aluminum