PLEASE NOTE: The venue for this conference has changed. It will now be held in Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.
The only annual event bringing together all sectors of the international fluorspar business
If your business concerns fluorine then this established international event is a must for you.
Fluorspar and the wider fluorine-based industries have undergone immense change in the last few years – the pace of activity has rocketed.
The days of fluorspar oversupply, closures, and pitiful prices have been replaced by tight supply, new developments, brownfield expansions, and record prices alongside massive challenges for rising costs of energy, freight, and environmental control.
Deciding best courses of action requires appropriate vision based on good information. That way opportunity is maximised and headache avoided!
Wherever you are based, from Sweden to South Africa or from Canada to China, you will benefit hugely by being in Montreal for three days hearing authoritative presentations and meeting people with the same business interest.
Confirmed speakers include:
Paper topics relevant to fluorspar, fluosilicic acid, hydrofluoric acid, fluorochemicals, and aluminium fluoride to include:
- George Simandl, Industrial Minerals Specialist, British Columbia Ministry of Energy and Mines and Petroleum Resources and Adjunct Professor, Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria, Canada
- Mr. Lindsay Gorrill, President, Burin Minerals, Newfoundland, Canada
- Ray Will, Senior Consultant, SRI Consulting, San Francisco, USA
- Jimmy Watson, Plant Manager, Hastie Mining & Trucking, USA
- Patrick Cheetham, Managing Director, Tertiary Minerals, UK
- Judith Chegwidden, Managing Director, Roskill Information Services Ltd, UK
- Richard Wolanski, Director, Niplats Australia Ltd, Australia
- James King, Independent Consultant, UK
- Carl Lee, Vice President Strategic Planning, Fednav International Ltd, Canada
- Roderick Cant, Business Manager (Fluorine), Buss ChemTech AG, Switzerland
- Veronique Garny, Cefic Director - Fluorinated Chemicals, European Chemical Industry Council, Brussels, Belgium
- Download the programme for the full speaker list.
- Market change
- Alternative solutions
- Forecast & analysis
- Innovations in processing
- Fluorspar logistics
No matter what your discipline – geologist, miner, engineer, processor, seller, marketer, trader, shipper, chemist, accountant, financer – your commercial interest in fluorine is the common ground for this event.
The speakers provide the important framework whilst the opportunity to meet and to communicate with the entire assembly of delegates from around the world is truly empowering.