The zinc market is in a state of flux, and getting a clear picture of where it is headed requires in-depth debate and analysis. Metal Bulletin’s Zinc & its Markets Seminar has been providing just that for several decades now. Sign up now for the 2016 conference in Madrid to hear the latest on zinc market drivers and network with over 140 key industry executives from 96 companies based in 27 countries.
With demand expected to have risen only slightly in 2015 and LME prices at a seven-year low, the much talked-of bull market in zinc seems like a distant memory. There are many positive supply pointers for zinc with mine closures and producer cutbacks reining in concentrate availability, but as with other commodities today, the focus is very much on demand.
Key reasons to attend:
- Hear informative and insightful presentations from industry experts
- Engage in cross-sector debate and discussion
- Network and make the most of global business opportunities
- Make informed decisions for your company’s future success
PLUS!!! The opportunity to visit either Técnicas Reunidas to hear about the latest R&D in hydrometallurgy and mineral processing, or Glencore Asturiana, one of the world’s biggest zinc smelters
- Paolo Cabrejos, Commercial Manager, Volcan Cia Minera, Peru
- Iñigo Abarca, Sole Administrator, Asturiana de Zinc, Spain
- Tony Tong, President, Henan Kaili Zinc, China
- Rodrigo Daud, Chairman, US Zinc and Chief Commercial Officer, Votorantim Metais, Brazil
- Sunil Duggal, CEO, Hindustan Zinc Limited, India
- Carlos Garcia de Lucas, CEO, Galvanizacion Toledo, Spain
- Nicolas Rouet, Head of Marketing & Commercial Controlling, ArcelorMittal Automotive Europe, France
- Pierre Van De Bruaene, Senior Vice President, Umicore Building Products, Belgium
We sat down with Metal Bulletin Research's Andrew Cole, Principal Base Metals Analyst and Alistair Ramsay, Research Manager to examine how the metal is faring so far this year. Read what they have to say.
View the article here
If you would like to discuss these questions and pick Alistair’s brain, join him at the seminar where he will speak about the influence of the recent steel industry dynamics on the demand for zinc.
Highlights from the 18th Zinc & its Markets Seminar which took place on 12-14 May 2014 in Istanbul
“An interesting and informative view from a variety of different zinc markets”
Henry Wilkinson, Trader, FBM Metals UK Ltd
“Great opportunity for networking ... and to share professional knowledge”
Daniel Suter, Business Unit Director, Impag AG