Metal Bulletin global base metal premiums calculation
Metal Bulletin publishes base metal premiums on a daily basis. The following explains the premium calculation methodology.
Material and Market Specification
1) Grade A copper cathode that meets LME specifications: BS EN 1978:1998 (Cu-CATH-1)
2) Primary aluminium ingot to meet LME specifications: P1020A
3) Primary lead of 99.97% purity (minimum) to meet LME specifications: BS EN 12659:1999
4) Primary nickel of 99.80% purity to meet LME specifications: B39-79 (2008)
5) Primary zinc of 99.995% purity (minimum) to meet LME specifications: BS EN 1179:2003
Free market price denominated in US dollars
In warehouse price, duty unpaid
Spot business only, immediate shipment
Price reporting – daily
Each premium is location specific
Metal Bulletin has unrivalled experience in the pricing of base metals and base metal premiums, and uses its extensive network of contacts and legal agreements to collect transaction information. The premium calculation methodology is an extension of the...