Launching on-exchange on September 26, the new contract
is designed to provide a direct and transparent solution for hedging price risk, as alumina prices continue to detach themselves from the aluminium market.
Tuesday September 20
9am London time
Join Metal Bulletin and CME Group as they discuss:
- Recent trends in the alumina market and the challenges facing market players
- How Metal Bulletin calculates its benchmark alumina price
- Key contract features and useful applications
- How the new futures complement CME Group's existing aluminium risk-management toolset
- Insights the market can gain from the new contract
An overview of the CME’s alumina hedging tool and Metal Bulletin’s alumina index methodology will be followed by time for questions from attendees.
Charlotte Radford – Metal Bulletin reporter
Shan Islam – CME Group metals research & product development manager
Click on the link to register for the free web seminar
If you have any questions about the new CME alumina futures contract, settled against Metal Bulletin’s benchmark alumina index
, please send them in advance to Charlotte Radford at email@example.com
Unable to attend? Register now
and you’ll be able to listen to a recording of the web seminar after it finishes.