GEM-Ecopro NCA battery material joint venture targets at least 10,000/t output in 2017

Jingmen GEM has agreed with South Korean battery material producer Ecopro Co Ltd to establish joint ventures in Jingmen, China, and Pohang, South Korea, to produce NCA battery material, the Chinese company said in a statement to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange on Tuesday January 10.

The joint venture in China is presently named Gem & Ecopro Co Ltd. It has a registered capital of $43.21 million, with Jingmen GEM contributing 92.57% of the total capital and Ecopro contributing the remaining 7.43%, according to the statement.
Gem & Ecopro will purchase all assets of a plant with a capacity of 5,000 tpy of NCA (nickel-cobalt-aluminium) ternary material precursor in Jingmen city currently owned by Jingmen GEM, it is said in the statement.

Gem & Ecopro has set a target to achieve capacity of no less than 10,000 tonnes of NCA ternary material precursor in 2017, and will raise its capacities based on global demand, according to...

Published

Susan Zou

January 10, 2017

12:00 GMT

Shanghai