ArcelorMittal to acquire controlling stake in Bekaert's tyre cord unit in Brazil

ArcelorMittal has signed a deal to acquire an controlling interest in Belgian wire producer Bekaert’s Sumaré tyre cord plant in Brazil’s south-eastern São Paulo state, it said on Wednesday April 26.

Under the agreement, ArcelorMittal will own a 55.50% stake in the Sumaré unit, with the other 44.50% remaining with Bekaert. The transaction is subject to the approval of...

Published

Ana Paula Camargo

April 26, 2017

15:47 GMT

São Paulo