- Price of 44% manganese ore slides by 11.4%
- Chinese alloy prices soften and inventories tick upward
- Top price for Indian silico-manganese dips
- European silico-manganese price drops
- US alloys spot demand quiet; lower ore prices threaten market.
Metal Bulletin’s price index for 37% manganese ore cif Tianjin, China
, fell on May 18 by $0.28 to $5.94 per dry metric tonne unit (dmtu).
Metal Bulletin’s price index for 37% manganese ore fob Port Elizabeth, South Africa
, dropped by $0.29 to $5.30 per dmtu on the same day.
And Metal Bulletin’s price index for 44% manganese ore cif Tianjin, China
, slumped $0.84 to $6.55 per dmtu.
“This week has been absolute chaos, with major producers launching more than one round of offers to the same customers,” a source at a miner told Metal Bulletin. “Chinese consumers are sticking to their guns, saying they...