- Lower and higher grade ore prices rangebound in cif market
- Low grade fob index increases on falling freight rate
- Alloy price in China falls
- Ferro-manganese into Europe soars
- US alloys unmoved in quiet spot market
The Chinese manganese ore price, cif Tianjin, was rangebound this week, however, 37% ore trades were made across a wide range of 70 cents per dry metric tonne unit (dmtu), which indicated uncertainty in the market.
The 37% manganese ore index on a fob basis rose 1.5% because it was calculated using the freight rate, which had fallen.
Fastmarkets MB’s 44% manganese ore index, cif Tianjin
, edged up two cents week on week to $7.20 per dmtu on Friday.
Fastmarkets MB’s 37% manganese ore index, cif China
, inched down 3 cents week on week to $6.73 per dmtu.
Meanwhile, Fastmarkets MB’s 37% manganese ore index fob Port Elizabeth rose 9...