- High-grade material jumps by 4.8%
- Low-grade ore rises steadily
- Silico-manganese prices slide in China but hold in India
- Silico-manganese prices rise in Europe, US
- Ferro-manganese prices hold in Europe, US
High-grade manganese ore prices jumped on Friday July 12 due to increased consumer demand for material of better quality.
Fastmarkets’ manganese ore 44% Mn, cif Tianjin, index
climbed 27 cents to $5.91 per dry metric tonne unit (dmtu) on Friday, its first increase since April 12.
A recent narrowing of the gap between 37% and 44% manganese ore means consumers see high-grade material is being of better value in today’s market.
“We do not have any interest for semi-carbonate now because the offers are too high. If the offer price of the low grade ore is very close to that of high grade one, we would...