- Seaborne low-grade, high-grade manganese ore prices in China change direction.
- Silico-manganese prices edge down further in China.
- Indian silico-manganese prices narrow downward.
- European ferro-manganese, silico-manganese prices unchanged.
- US alloy prices flat week on week.
Both low-grade and high-grade manganese ore prices in China corrected upward in the week to Friday August 16 after some ore producers were reportedly reluctant to surrender any further on their latest offer prices for September-delivery cargoes.
Fastmarkets’ manganese ore index 37% Mn, cif Tianjin
edged up by 2 cents week on week to $5.31 per dry metric tonne unit (dmtu) on August 16.
Fastmarkets’ manganese ore index 37% Mn, fob Port Elizabeth
nudged up by 1 cent over the same period to $4.59 per dmtu.
On the same day, Fastmarkets’ manganese ore index 44% Mn, cif Tianjin climbed to $5.70 per dmtu, up by 4 cents per dmtu...