- Fresh Turkey bookings continue downward price trend
- US prices fall on recent cargoes
- Taiwan, Vietnam prices down on weak trading
- Prices down in India in fresh trading.
Turkish steels mills purchased just two cargoes this week
- one late on Monday, sending prices downward, before another cargo on Friday recovered less than $1 per tonne.
The daily index for steel scrap, HMS 1&2 (80:20 mix), North Europe origin, cfr Turkey
, ended the week at $236.40 per tonne on September 13, down from $243.63 per tonne on September 9.
The daily index for steel scrap, HMS 1&2 (80:20 mix), US origin, cfr Turkey
, was $243.30 per tonne on September 13, down from $250.53 per tonne on Monday.
The US found new destinations for its East Coast scrap cargoes in the week to September 11, avoiding the volatile...