- Ore markets knocked by cheap offers, languishing demand
- Silico-manganese spot prices weaken in China
- Indian silico-manganese prices drop amid poor demand, oversupply
- European alloy markets flatline in consumer absence
- US high carbon ferro-manganese price falters
Seaborne manganese ore prices dived on Friday September 20 after miners slashed offer prices to secure sales amid subdued demand.
Fastmarkets’ index for manganese ore, 44% Mn, cif Tianjin
dropped 28 cents week on week to $5.19 per dry metric tonne unit (dmtu) on September 20, its lowest level since late April 2017.
Fastmarkets’ manganese ore index 37% Mn, cif Tianjin
fell 9 cents on the week to $4.82 per dmtu on September 20, its lowest since the index was launched in February 2018.
Fastmarkets’ index for manganese ore, 37% Mn, fob Port Elizabeth was down 12 cents week on week to $3.94 per dmtu on September 20, a new low since...