- Prices jump in Turkey on newest trades
- US market activity picks up at higher prices
- Indian price move up on material shortage
- Prices continue to move up in Vietnam
- Taiwan maintains strong demand and solid prices
Turkish steel mills booked booked several cargoes during the week - one US cargo, two Baltic-sea cargoes and a European origin cargo - to push prices up by more than $10 per tonne since December 2
The daily index for steel scrap, HMS 1&2 (80:20 mix), Northern Europe origin, cfr Turkey
, ended the week at $278.98 per tonne, compared with $266.77 per tonne on December 2.
The daily index for steel scrap, HMS 1&2 (80:20 mix), US origin, cfr Turkey
, was $283.95 per tonne on Friday, up from $271.74 per tonne on December 2.
Prices for US ferrous scrap exports moved upward due...