- Turkish market dips on fewer trades
- United States prices unchanged
- Limited buying sees Vietnam prices drop
- Taiwan prices down on weaker demand
- Indian prices continue to increase
Prices for ferrous scrap into Turkey
fell this week, with only one fresh cargo being booked over the working week.
Purchases of scrap cargoes have slowed due to weaker demand for rebar exports and pressure on the thinning scrap-rebar margins.
Fastmarkets' daily index for steel scrap HMS 1&2 (80:20 mix), Northern Europe origin, cfr Turkey
, ended the week at $295.85 per tonne on Friday January 10, down from $296.57 per tonne on January 6.
The daily index for steel scrap HMS 1&2 (80:20 mix), US origin, cfr Turkey
, was $303.95 per tonne on January 10, down from $304.67 per tonne on January 6.
Prices in the US East Coast...