- Turkish mills continue to book deep-sea scrap
- Demand from Turkey has allowed US East Coast prices to keep increasing
- Trading activity falls in Vietnamese market as offer prices climb
- Buying activity remains strong in Taiwan
- Indian mills absent from market
Bookings for bulk import scrap to Turkey continued over the past week with easing Covid-19 restrictions aiding demand for long steel products.
Fastmarkets’ weekly price assessment for steel reinforcing bar (rebar) domestic, exw Turkey, was 3,400-3,440 lira ($499-505) per tonne...