- Turkish steel mills focused on finished steel sales instead of scrap purchases
- Recent sales to Turkey and Bangladesh kept US export markets firm
- Weak steel markets in Vietnam cooled off scrap price rises
- Taiwanese buyers turn to US scrap with Japan on holiday
- Firm demand and limited supply drive Indian scrap import prices upward.
The Turkish steel producers ended the working week on Friday August 14 with no purchases of deep-sea scrap
, having focused on finished long steel sales instead.
The steel mills in the country have...