STEEL SCRAP WRAP: Prices continue to jump amid supply-side crunch
Steel scrap prices have continued to increase in all the major international markets over the past week, amid tightening supply and continued demand for steel, sources said on Friday November 20.
- Turkish steelmakers returned to the import market, booking cargoes at higher prices
- US East Coast sales slow down, but prices remain high
- Demand for Vietnamese steel billet drives up scrap prices
- Taiwanese mills back away from import scrap market with offer prices rising
- India reports higher prices on tight supplies
Turkish steelmakers returned to the market for imports of deep-sea scrap market in...