STEEL SCRAP WRAP: Most Asian markets rise amid healthy restocking demand
Prices moved up in several major Asian import scrap markets in the week to Friday September 24, reflecting moves to replenish stocks at mills in Taiwan and Vietnam as well as fresh domestic scrap price increases in Japan.
- Turkey stays largely quiet following last week’s bookings
- US exporters struggle to source shredded material
- Vietnam returns for Japan-origin scrap amid demand uptick
- China import scrap interest remains low amid production cuts
- Taiwan buyers restock at higher prices
- Indian soften further after market volatility
Turkish import scrap prices held largely stable over the past seven days - after bookings of at least 200,000 tonnes...