• Turkish steelmakers retreat from deep-sea market after recent bookings
• US exporters close deals to Bangladesh, Turkey
• Vietnamese scrap prices jump amid bullish Asian sentiment
• Chinese local scrap in tight supply ahead of new year holiday
• Taiwan import prices gain throughout week
• Indian prices rise as customers accept higher offers.
Turkish steel producers continued their deep-sea scrap bookings for February shipments on a slow pace throughout the week to January 14.
Two deep-sea cargoes, from the United States and Baltic Sea regions respectively, were heard traded on January 12, bringing Fastmarkets’ daily scrap indices down by $6.84...